The Renewable UK Marine Safety Training (MST) course will commence at the NMCI in February 2012.
The MST is designed to meet the basic training and competence requirements for all personnel transiting and transferring to and from offshore renewable facilities.
The course has approval from Renewable UK (formerly known as BWEA) which is the voice of wind and marine energy and the UK’s leading trade association representing the interest of the renewable power sector. This training standard has been developed in consultation with key industry representatives covering OEM’s, developers, training providers, construction and supply chain partners and key industry stakeholders.
On successful completion of training the delegate will be deemed to have demonstrated basic knowledge and understanding of:
• General health and safety duties of employers to provide training and ensure competence of employees
• Personal responsibilities of employees and the self employed
• Overview of legislation relevant to offshore operations
• Offshore hazards
• Role of IMO MCA HSE & MAIB
• General standards of conduct for vessel operations
• PPE requirements for vessel transit & transfer
• Procedure for reporting incidents, accidents and near misses for offshore operations
• Housekeeping risks relevant to vessel operations
• Safe methods of personnel transfer to and from a vessel
• Safe methods of equipment transfer to and from a vessel
• Appreciate relevance of different turbine designs (size/layout) to transfer methods
• Appreciate relevance of different company/site specific H&S procedures and rules
• Recognition of the signs symptoms, and understanding of first responder actions to hypothermia and ingestion of water.
• Procedures for vessel emergencies
• Procedures for facility emergencies
• Procedures for rescue and recovery at sea
• SAR helicopter passenger safety and emergency actions
• Basic first aid actions and common equipment in the marine environment.
Please see the webpage for the relevant pre-requisites
We are currently taking bookings for the course, for further enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org/ + 353 214970609